Monday 9 July 2018

Diminishment - Prologue (v0.15b, RPG Maker MV)

Please read the "Troubleshooting" & "Minimum requirements" section before asking for help!

Hey!

I was contemplating whether to release this version publicly, but since it's been quite a long time from my last public release, I figured it's about time, despite there being some issues. I'm in the process of transferring the game into Unity, but since I don't know how long that will take, I'd rather not keep people waiting any longer.

0.15 has been out for a couple days on my Patreon, and no major game breaking bugs have been noted. But 0.15b was added just now, so in case it broke something, you can try if the 0.15a version works better.

Differences between the free version & Patreon version:
Free: 720p 30fps videos, small watermark in the upper left corner
Patreon: 720p 60fps (Unity version will be 1080p), no watermark

About the game:
It's currently made with RPG Maker, so there's a RPG Maker style intro in it. The main "gameplay" is in the interactive animated CG videos, with quick time event style minigames. Basically, an arrow pops up on the screen, and something happens depending on if you press the
correct button or not. 

Unity version will move to a more Visual Novel style format, as I can't use RPG Maker assets in unity, and redoing tilesets, and building a 3rd person exploration system is a bit too much for one person.

Things that can be expected in the Unity version (at least according to early tests):
-1080p (Patreon version)
-Some extra moans during the interior scenes
-Better performance 
-Less jumpiness in videos

Stuff that the prologue contains:

Spoilers: (select the text to see it)
Shrinking (FF/m or f), Oral Vore, Anal Vore, Unbirth

There's a .txt file in the game's folder that has instructions to get all the scenes.

Controls:
CTRL - Hide messages
Z/Enter - Confirm
X/Esc - Cancel
Arrow keys - Minigame prompts & selections
F4 - Fullscreen/Windowed
You need to press & release the indicated arrow key during the minigames, if you keep the key pressed, it might not get accepted.
Mouse clicks won't work on quick time events, only arrow keys (or numpad) on the keyboard.



Troubleshooting:

A couple people reported that their anti-virus is flagging this as a malicious program. This was deployed with RPG Maker MV 1.6.1 which is a pretty new update, and still gets flagged by some AV software. A good way to be sure that something is a false positive is to scan the file with virustotal. If only a few AV programs classify the file as threat, it's extremely likely it's not actually harmful (of course this isn't 100% foolproof, so I recommend some healthy caution, if you're downloading something clearly suspicious). Here's a virustotal scan of the game.exe file in case you are suspiciousOr you can do one yourself of course.

This obviously isn't optimal, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this, as whatever these few AV programs think is malicious, is directly tied into RPG Maker MV 1.6.1. So if your AV program is flagging this, you'll either need to set the file as safe, or use another AV program to play the game, or wait until I have the Unity version out.

If you're experiencing crashes: Avoid using the Replay function, and instead restart the whole game. There was a memory leak issue, that should be mostly fixed, but at least one user reported issues that sounded like it could still be partly there. You can resume the game from the start of each part through the main menu.

If the performance is so bad, that it's pretty much unplayable: Try turning off the Sync option in the options. This improves performance for some PCs, but will also cause a bunch of visual issues.

The game does require a better PC than RPG Maker games do normally, due to the videos. RPG Maker doesn't handle the videos all that great, which is why I'm moving on to Unity. 
Also it will only work on a windows PC, to my knowledge.



Minimum system requirements:

OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU (GTX400 series/HD6000 series, or newer, maybe HD5000)
These are just the requirements for RPG Maker MV found on its steam page. So the strain caused by the videos aren't taken into account here.


Recordings are coming later, after the Unity version is done.

You are of course free to do your own recordings, but if you release them publicly, I'd request that you either use the free version, or add the same watermark (patreon.com/Eskoz) manually to your own recording, or at the very least, link to my patreon somewhere in your post/comment. Not that I can do anything, if you choose to ignore this, but you'd make me happy!


Download:
MEGA, 0.15b (Latest version)
MEGA, 0.15a (no message hiding option)

I'll update this post, as I release new public versions! Unless someone comes upon something game breaking (that I can fix), the next release will be the Unity version.

I hope you enjoy!

35 comments:

  1. absolutely wonderful. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will there be a mobile version of it soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not of the RPG Maker version at least, as the videos won't work. I'll have to see if I can do it with Unity. But even if I can, it would only be for android. I can't exactly put content like this on apples app store.

      Delete
    2. Is it wrong to do giantess vore videos where the shrunken person wasn't being eaten, but was pleasured sexually when the giantess' tongue rolls around the person's body? It's kinda rare to me.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there. I've downloaded the free sample of the prologue you posted, but when I run the game it doesn't show any video (instead it's all black), just the audio. Could you tell me how I could fix this, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the videos work if you run them from the video folder without running the game? You can find them in thee www/movies/ folder. By sound do you mean the music, or can you hear other audio as well? The music comes from the game, but most of the audio is tied directly to the videos.

      Also make sure you meet at least the minimum requirements:
      Minimum system requirements:

      OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit)

      Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better

      Memory: 4 GB RAM (Probably more with the videos)

      Graphics: DirectX 9/OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU

      Delete
    2. If the videos don't work outside of the game either, it might be a codec issue, and I recommend getting something like the K-lite codec pack, or something similar. You can also check that all your windows updates are installed etc. But I can't guarantee any of this will fix your issues. There's not much else I can help you with here, but if you can't get this version to work, you can try again with the Unity version, whenever I get that done.

      Delete
  5. I hate to ask for this, but I don't have a computer that works for it. Could you possiblly post the videos on your blog. I have been waiting to try it out and I finally find out I can't enjoy it. Thanks if you consider it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recordings are coming later, once the Unity version is done.

      Delete
  6. Hey, just wanted to know what actually starts the game. All the files are there (movies, sounds, all that), but there doesn't seem to be anything to start the game for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a game.exe file there. Maybe your Anti-virus quarantined it? (see troubleshooting section in the post). Are the files in different folders? or are they all in the same folder? Just checking, since someone had a problem related to that earlier.

      Delete
  7. I tried to do the events and no matter what i did, it failed me. i only get so far and miss out on most of the game. could you possibly post the videos and results of your actions on here? Either that or fix the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recordings are coming later, once the Unity version is done.

      Delete
    2. In the meantime, you can try turning the Sync option off in the menu to see if that improves performance. That does cause other visual issues however, so you might want to wait for the Unity version, and see if that works better for you.

      Delete
  8. Amazing game so far.
    I have the feeling that the moans during Anal Vore and Unbirth are too quiet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello I would like to know if there will be other chapters in the future? I have to congratulate you it's very nice !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I will continue working on the game. But these do take time to make, so I can't give a release date yet.

      Delete
    2. good work then and thank you!

      Delete
  10. Good morning Eskoz!

    Awesome, just awesome animation / game! ^.^.

    May I ask You if You are going to continue this game and add more scenarios, internal scenes and maybe a full digestion? I hope yes and thanks in advantage for your answers! :D

    I really thank You for this amazing work! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Upcoming scenarios are still not entirely decided, but expect more internal scenes in the future at least. As for full digestion, depends what you mean, I do draw a line in showing anything gory, so the stuff tends to be a bit more implied, as seen in my previous videos/content.

      Delete
  11. Hello again Eskoz and thank You again for answers ^^.

    Speaking about scenarios / chapters, what are the differences between these two? Regards internal scenes and full digestion I mean (just my hope of course XD) to see something which is not "gory" but makes characters "move" through the tracts or something like that. For example, character get different mini-game while in stomach. Winning mini games make the character stay longer alive (and probably be puked out), while losing mini games make the character pass stomach and move through the body(also making different angle of view or some third person cinematic), until it comes to a point that is game over. While it moves mini games become harder. =)
    Also, are there possibility to see multiple characters at the same time?

    I really hope You continue to develop this game cause your animations are simply the best.

    Thank You again, sorry for this long post and hope to not disturb You with my suggestions =)

    Have a nice day and good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a full tour kind of scene planned in the future, but I'll leave it at that for now. I have no idea when that will happen, it's just something I want to include at some point in the game.

      Let's wait and see what the future brings.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! ^^ Thank You again and wish You all the best! =)

      Delete
  12. Is there any chance of Mac support sometime in the future, possibly through Unity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't promise anything. It depends if I'll be able to deploy the game without a Mac. UE4 at least had this problem, as did rpg maker. So, we'll see.

      Delete
  13. When you will release this game for android? My pc doesnt runs the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet. Not before the Unity PC version at least.

      Delete
  14. Hello,

    I tried to download it off of mega, and then extract the whole folder (as it is zipped), but the game application refuses to run, citing that "nw_elf.dll cannot be found. reinstalling the program..." even though I can clearly see nw_elf.dll about 6 entries below it. I tried redownloading the file off of mega, re-extracting the files, and doing everything listed above with my AV turned off, but nothing seems to be working. Do you have any idea where the problem might be originating from, or where I could find help fixing it? I might just be technologically illiterate.

    Thank you so much for everything you do :D
    -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to say what's wrong, but assuming you meet the requirements mentioned in the post, all I can think of is: is the file unpacking correctly? As in are the files in their correct folders after you've unzipped it. There should be around 20 files in the root folder, and then 3 folders that all branch into more files and folders. Other than that, you can try waiting for the unity version, and see if that works. Hopefully it won't be too long until I have it out

      Delete
  15. This is incredible work.. any chance of VR version in the future? Blown away by the quality of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No plans at the moment, but I'm considering VR versions of popular scenes of the game at some point, if there's demand for it.

      Delete
  16. Hello Eskoz,

    I wanted to say that I think you've done a great job with this. Is there a difference between the patreon version and free version besides watermarking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only differences at the moment are the watermark and the frametrate, 30 fps vs 60 fps. With the unity version the patreon version will also be 1080p, the reason it's not on the rpg maker version, was because it couldn't run the higher res videos at a decent frame rate.

      Delete
  17. God, dude. This is just the prologue? You've brought my wildest dreams to visual form already, it's absolutely incredible to have someone as talented as you making content for this niche. Just something I noticed that may have already been brought to your attention, during the unbirth-to-vore ending, the footage froze. The audio and text still worked, and it faded on cue, but the animation just stopped. Other than that though, this is the most incredible work that's come to this niche and I hope you're proud of that! Can't wait to see future releases!

    ReplyDelete